NEXT MEETING – Tue, April 26, 2016, 7pm
Our speaker for April is Marilyn Foreman. She will present a magnificent and varied trunk show featuring her Kaleidoscope Quilts. Marilyn teaches on Craftsy and will sell patterns after her presentation. At her workshop the following day, she will be teaching techniques used to make a Kaleidoscope quilt. Check out her website, Quilt Moments.
There will be a Sundae Bar at 6pm before the meeting. Join us for ice cream and toppings – $5.
Bring Civil War fat quarters for the Fat Quarter Lotto – bring some sunshine into your life.
Fat Quarter Lotto
- April – Civil War
- May – purple
- June – neutrals
- July – patriotic
- August – green
- September – blue
- October – Halloween
2016 BUS TRIP
July 7-9, 2016 we will be going to Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin, visit 6 quilt shops and stay both nights at the same hotel. The total cost of the trip is $350. See Kathy or Jennie Myers for more information.
Save the dates!
Spring – Retreat is April 29 – May 1, 2016 at the Berlin Inn and Suites.
Fall – Retreat is September 16-18, 2016 at the Berlin Inn and Suites.
The Common Threads Biennial Quilt Show will be September 20, 2016 from 6:30-8:30pm at Mifflin Presbyterian Church in Gahanna. It will include a judged show, quilt raffle, basket raffle, and a new highlight for 2016 – a featured quilter from our guild showing off the best of their best.
I know what you’re thinking. “Oh wow, what should I be doing to get ready?” Here’s everything you need to know.
- Put the date on your calendar.
- Start to plan on your quilt entries now. There will be a category for every size and technique, including totes and other three-dimensional entries. You can enter up to three pieces at $5.00 per entry. Note: although entering quilts in the show that have been at Show and Tell earlier in the year is not banned, the show is a lot more fun when the attendees haven’t seem most of the quilts before.
- Think about how you’d like to volunteer: judging, set-up, tear down, raffle baskets, snacks, etc. Karla Zadnik will circulate volunteer sign-up sheets or email her to volunteer.
Let’s make it our best show ever!
The Guild now has a Facebook page, thanks to Judy Sagara. Our show-and-tell photos will now be available on our Facebook page instead of in the newsletter. If you are a Facebook user, search for Common Threads Ohio Quilt Guild. Click on the “Join” icon. This is a closed group, so only members will see what is posted. Judy, as admin for the page, needs to approve your request, and then you will have access to the page. Use it to share pictures of your work, ask questions of other members, and share interesting Quilt-Related information. You will need a Facebook account in order to access the page.
- Membership Form – Use this form when you would like to join, or renew, so that we have your latest information. Membership Forms need to be turned in no later than the March meeting to be included in the Membership Roster.
- Expense Form – If you have any expenses that need reimbursed by the Treasurer, please submit them using this Expense Form. Be sure to attach your receipts. (Editable PDF file) (Word Document)
- Deposit Form – Here is the form for listing deposits to give to the Treasurer.
Members, click here for your roster.